Xiaomi sells smartphones at different price segments. Almost all the handsets sold by the company support at least 18W fast charging, except for the few entry-level budget models. The most common charging speed found on the firm’s devices is 33W. So far, the chargers for this particular output rate have used silicon. Hence, the newly launched Xiaomi Mi GaN Charger Type-C 33W is the first Gallium Nitirided-based charger from the company with the said charging speed.
Xiaomi Mi GaN Charger Type-C 33W Specifications and Features
Gallium Nitride (GaN) chargers are smaller in size compared to silicon-based chargers with a similar output rate. Hence, the new Xiaomi 33W GaN charger is smaller (approximately 56% smaller) than the company’s regular 33W charger.
This charger with model number AD33G only comes in white color and features a USB Type-C port, instead of USB Type-A. Interestingly, a USB Type-C to Type-C model is also included in the package, unlike most chargers sold by both Xiaomi and other brands.
Further, the charger sports the following safety measurements.
- Overvoltage Protection
- Input Overcurrent Protection
- Output Overcurrent Protection
- Vpp (Peak-to-Peak Voltage)
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Low Electromagnetic Interference
Apart from the Xiaomi group (Redmi, Mi,POCO) smartphones, this charger can also be used to charge phones from other brands, gaming consoles, tablets, and more. It supports the following output rates.
- 5V/3A – 15W
- 9V/3A – 27W
- 11V/3A – 33W
- 12V/2.5A – 30W
Last but not least, the charger measures only 30.4 x 30.4 x 34mm in size.
Xiaomi Mi GaN Charger Type-C 33W Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi GaN Charger Type-C 33W is priced at ¥79 ($12) in China. It is currently up for pre-order in the country and will go on sale on February 25.
We can expect this product to make its way to global markets like the 65W variant.
- Xiaomi’s upcoming 67.1W GaN charger leaks online
- Xiaomi Mi 33W SonicCharge 2.0 Charger launched in India for ₹999 ($13)
- Energizer launches a range of 20W-90W GaN fast PD chargers
- ZTE 65W GaN Charger launched with three output ports and folding pin
- Dell launches its first-ever 90W Gallium Nitride(GaN) USB-C PD 3.0 Charger
- nubia 65W GaN Charger Candy launched for 119 yuan ($17)