As part of a special summer presentation, OnePlus presented a new smartphone Nord CE (Core Edition). It is important to note that this is only an updated version of last year’s Nord, not a full-fledged second generation. Therefore, in some moments the device became better, but the manufacturer obviously saved on something in order to reduce the final price.
Oneplus Nord CE received a 6.43-inch Fluid AMOLED screen with Full HD + resolution and a refresh rate of 90 Hz. Support for the Always on Display function is also announced. The manufacturer places great emphasis on the small thickness of the device – only 7.9 mm. The return of the 3.5mm headphone jack is also indicated. But the disappearance of the proprietary silent mode switch was tactfully silent.
The smartphone has a Snapdragon 750G processor, while the OnePlus Nord worth Snapdragon 765G. But the battery capacity has grown from 4115 to 4500 mAh. And support for Warp Charge 30T Plus fast charging technology allows you to replenish 70% of the energy in 30 minutes.
The main camera consists of three modules instead of four in the original Nord, but the resolution of the main sensor has grown to 64 megapixels. The other two are an 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor with a 119-degree viewing angle and a monochrome sensor with a resolution of only 2MP.
OnePlus Specifications Nord CE:
- Display: AMOLED, 6.43 “, 2400×1080, 90 Hz
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G
- RAM: 6/8/12 GB, LPDDR4X
- Built-in memory: 128/256 GB, UFS 2.1
- Main camera: 64 megapixel (f / 1.79) + 8 megapixel (viewing angle 119 degrees) + 2 megapixel (monochrome sensor)
- Front camera: 16MP
- Battery: 4500mAh, Warp Charge 30T Plus
- Security: in-screen fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 11 with OxygenOS interface
- NFC: yes
- Connectors: USB Type-C (USB 2.0), 3.5 mm
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 73.5 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 170 g
Accepting pre-orders for OnePlus Nord CE starts on June 11 at a price of $ 315. The top version for 12 + 256 GB costs $ 383. Sales will begin on June 16, but so far only in India.