EURO 2020 is about to explode! If you don’t want to miss anything, it is best to add the European Championship schedule to her or his online agenda. In this article, we’ll show you how it works.
Put EK game schedule in your agenda
It took a while, but the EURO 2020 will finally start in 2021. The kick-off will be on June 11 at 9 p.m. The national teams then play a lot of football and fight among themselves who is the best in Europe. On July 11 we know which country this will be.
With so many competitions ahead of us, it can be quite difficult to maintain an overview. We therefore recommend that you simply put the schedule of the European Championship 2021 in your online agenda. This way you have a good overview of all matches that the Netherlands (or the country you support) will play.
That is how it works
It works simply. Step 1 is to download the European Championship schedule. We do this via the official UEFA website. You create a so-called ics file. Online calendars can read such files so that the playing dates automatically show up in your calendar. This works easiest on your phone:
- Go on your smartphone or go to the UEFA’s website;
- Tap ‘Add to calendar’ at the top left;
- Check the countries you want to see in your calendar (of course you can also check everything) and press ‘Add to calendar’;
- You can then leave your email address so UEFA can send you messages, but you can also just tap ‘Skip’;
- In the ‘Open with’ window, choose your calendar app and follow the instructions on the screen.
You should now see the play dates appear in the agenda. Matches that have been played in the past also already show the results.
Computer: put EURO 2020 schedule in Google Calendar
Did you follow the above steps with a computer? Then you have to manually add the ics file (which contains the European Championship game schedule) to your calendar app of preference. How this works exactly differs per online calendar, but below we explain how you do this with Google Calendar:
- Copy the link (to the ics file) from the last step of the previous diagram;
- Open your Google Calendar in the browser;
- Tap the gear icon at the top right of the screen and choose ‘Settings’;
- Select ‘Via URL’ under the heading ‘Add calendar’;
- Paste the copied link into the window under ‘Via URL’ and press ‘Add Calendar’.
And that was it: the EURO 2020 schedule is now on your calendar! You can repeat the above trick more than once, for example when it is clear who is in the quarter or semi-final. Looking for more? We have written more useful Euro 2021 articles:
- European Football Championship 2021: Follow the schedule and results with these apps
- Beat your friends during the European Championship with one of these pool apps
- These are the 5 best football games for your smartphone or tablet
Source: Android Planet